Steaming Ass

124»

Comments

• Sure, they got both kinds of ideology - Proud Boy and Alt-Right. :)

• He hires people who are anti-PC, but I don't think he takes any control over what they write.

• I'm anti-PC. They're exhibiting symptoms of being anti-semitic.

• I don't think "PC" is much more than a dog whistle anymore. People seem to disagree more about the definition of it than about the thing itself.

Ditto "feminism", I think.

• edited February 25

@Clme said:
    I'm anti-PC. They're exhibiting symptoms of being anti-semitic.

No, most of them aren't. What they are doing is being accurate despite a genuine chance that they will be called antisemitic.

For example, Jews are only about two percent of the American population. (It varies a bit with the definition of Jew one uses.) It is absolutely accurate to say that Jews are statistically way over-represented in all aspects of Hollywood (producing, writing, acting, directing, etc.), literature, journalism, banking, business executives, academia, law, and so on. This is indisputable, yet if someone points it out they are in real danger of being called antisemitic.

There are a whole lot of facts that fit this pattern:

Originally, neoconservatism was primarily a Jewish movement.

The Frankfurt School, originally, was primarily Jewish.

Hollywood is dominated by Jews.

Jews were way over-represented among the leadership of the Russian Revolution.

During its beginning, the leadership of the NAACP was primarily Jewish.

It's a fact of psychometrics that Ashkenazi Jews average higher in IQ than any other ethnic population.

There are lots more, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. The rule of thumb for statements such as the above is that usually they check out to be true or largely true. Note that I'm not talking about blood libel. I'm talking about checkable historical facts. Yet if someone points them out, that person is in danger of being called antisemitic and losing his livelihood. It's an insane state of affairs.

Let's take a look at the immediate case in point:

Much of Marvel’s leadership over the past two decades, such as its reclusive chairman Isaac Perlmutter, a veteran of the Six-Day War, is a product of the Zionist right. (A little-noticed trend is that hardheaded Israelis are playing a larger role behind the scenes in American movies. For example, Bibi Netanyahu’s current legal troubles in Israel are tied to a $750,000 payment from Arnon Milchan, a Hollywood producer and apparent Israeli nuclear spy who would make a good James Bond villain.)

Wakanda is a sort of black Zion mixed with the governmental structure of Israel’s new best friend forever, Saudi Arabia, augmented by the xenophobic policies of Japan during the Tokugawa shogunate.

There is absolutely nothing antisemitic about that statement. It's a falsifiable claim offered in support of the idea that Marvel is showing a conservative tilt of late. (It's not disputable that Marvel has shown a Jewish influence. Marvel has always shown a Jewish influence. Stan Lee is a Jew. The whole X-Men franchise is pretty explicitly a metaphor about the historical repression of the Jews.) The only way it can be interpreted as being antisemitic is that the current political regime has become insanely hypersensitive about saying anything at all about Jews that isn't in reference to anti-Jewish racism.

• @fenomas said:
    I don't think "PC" is much more than a dog whistle anymore. People seem to disagree more about the definition of it than about the thing itself.

Ditto "feminism", I think.

I don't think it has reached the point of such words as racist or sexist yet. There are topics that are dangerous to discuss honestly. If someone throws caution to the winds and does so, he is being politically incorrect (and tends to get called bad names).

• @Bill said:
    There are topics that are dangerous to discuss honestly. If someone throws caution to the winds and does so, he is being politically incorrect

That's not what most people generally mean by the term, which was my point.

On the "Hollywood is run by Jews!" stuff, let me say first that you sound very creepy and ranty on this. Please don't take that as name-calling, take it in a good-faith "don't say this stuff around your nieces and nephews unless you want them to stop visiting" sort of way. That said:

@Bill said:
    I'm talking about checkable historical facts. Yet if someone points them out, that person is in danger of being called antisemitic and losing his livelihood. It's an insane state of affairs.

Let's not feign too much ignorance here. If someone at a party walks up and says "Hey, y'know 72% of all Hollywood producers are Jews", no reasonable person thinks "well if that statistic stands up then I'm honor-bound not to draw any conclusions". Reasonable people will presume that the speaker thinks the statistic is significant for some reason, and if (as tends to happen) the speaker doesn't say what the reason is, people will take an educated guess.

I mean, consider: you just quoted like twelve factoids about the extent of Jewish influence on society. That's not in and of itself antisemitic, but it's certainly the sort of thing antisemites tend to do.

• edited February 28

I said anti-Semitic tendencies, and I stand by my assertion.

Jim Goad's comments about the ADL running the A.P. were put in there as a zing and a knowing wink to the target audience. (Also, unrelated: What the fuck was with all the fat jokes that were 'classed up' by showing off vocabulary?)

Sailer seems to have more than just a passing interest in the influence/power of Jews. (Which is a little strange, because when it comes to any discussion of the Middle East, I'd describe Sailer as Zionist Right himself). However, when it comes to many discussions of race, intelligence, lifespan, evolution, or even fucking global warming he frequently finds a way to bring up Zionists, the Ashkenazi, etc.

I've brought some of these issues up about Sailer in the past, though possibly that was on a previous forum system. :) (I haven't looked too deeply into Goad, although his history would suggest he mostly thrives on controversy so its hard to nail him down).

• Those are some pretty incredible sculpture.

• This "incel" stuff might be the stupidest thing western civilization has yet come up with. Maybe second to homeopathy.

• For the last year or so I've been wondering wonder how much overlap there is between the incel groups and the gamergate groups.

However, I just can't bring myself to spend very much time investigating either group. If I move any further towards misandry I won't be able to jerk off without flagellation.