work=affiliates&rating=r">

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  PenIs Forum
  General Discussion
  Pronounciation Conundrum. (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pronounciation Conundrum.
fenomas
argument nazi
posted 04-27-2001 04:50     Click Here to See the Profile for fenomas   Click Here to Email fenomas     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clem has an obscure reference to Firesign Theatre going for it.. . I think it's from "I think we're all bozos on this bus" where the animatronic guy says "I'm here to help you! What is your name?"
And the guys sez, "...uh, Clem."
And for the rest of the episode the animatronic dude says things like, "I think it's great to talk you, ...uh Clem." with the uh.. clem part being in clem's voice. A great precurser of automated phone systems of the future.

However, I always thought it was "klm". Like you were saying clam without the vowel. Kind of like how I imagine the word "cwlm" (a crossword staple) to be pronounced.

fen

IP: Logged

LaMFear
Dutch Pen - Cock sucking champ of 1999
posted 04-27-2001 04:57     Click Here to See the Profile for LaMFear   Click Here to Email LaMFear     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well I'm still partial to Shelly because it just sounds so damn cute.
But if the general concensus is Clem I'll stick with that in the future.

Off topic: I just downloaded the Lord of the Rings teaser trailer again. Oh man I hope it does justice to the book. Can't wait to see it.

Candy Corn
PenIsite
posted 04-27-2001 05:49     Click Here to See the Profile for Candy Corn   Click Here to Email Candy Corn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Actually, in my own twisted mind (where the most INTERESTING stuff takes place) I always pronounced it 'clime' as in "I'd like to climb you like a tree"...
but that's just me.... and bex would kick my ass besides!

MightyMon
s0m30n3 s3t up us the m0n
posted 04-27-2001 10:17     Click Here to See the Profile for MightyMon   Click Here to Email MightyMon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaandy!!! I thought I was your one true love!!!

------------------
Ain't that the drizzlin shits?

zaksquatch
Member with a member
posted 04-27-2001 13:13     Click Here to See the Profile for zaksquatch   Click Here to Email zaksquatch     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I still vote for "Kleem"

kinda like Clem, but less peckerwoody.

Oh wait, ok, maybe Clem it should be then.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Penismightier.com

Look out for the mexican. He knows where you hide your cake.