PenIs Forum
  General Discussion
  Strange relationship facts (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Strange relationship facts
LonMabonJovi
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 08-20-2001 01:14     Click Here to See the Profile for LonMabonJovi   Click Here to Email LonMabonJovi     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Forgive me father, for I shall vent:

What in the fuck goes on in the female brain? Why do they insist on using one unique situation as a template for the rest of the entire relationship? Why are there anger control classes for men, but no emotional control classes for women, especially when it would do so much good for our anger problem in the first place? What makes them take one sentence out of an entire conversation, twist it around out of context into something ugly and make us suffer until we can figure out how the whole thing started and get everyone back on the same page?

How does: It's rare I see you as happy and relaxed any other time (as when we are fooling around)(long story).

Become: Why do you stick around if I'm only enjoyable when we're intimate?

How many times must it be stated that what I say is almost always what I mean?

IP: Logged

Amazon

Anal Amazon,
Assaulter of Men
posted 08-20-2001 05:28     Click Here to See the Profile for Amazon   Click Here to Email Amazon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shall I answer this? Okay, I will.
I am about to give you the secret to the female brain... use at your own risk.

Women like to see how far they can push a man. The "template" was a traumatic and/or painful part of their past. I no longer trust men because I am afraid they will lie to me, steal from me and leave me. This was a painful part of my own past. I was stupid enough to let this get to me and I tried to suicide. Luckily, I kicked myself in the ass and got out of that particular rut, but I haven't kicked myself hard enough to trust men again.

Now, as for staying with you just for intimacy... well, let's ponder this. Nowadays, NO ONE knows how to talk anymore. Some think that being with someone they don't get along with is better than being alone... true? Does a woman say how she feels? HELL NO! Why? Several reasons. She may not want to "hurt" you, not realizing or even caring that other things she says/does hurts just as much or worse.
Why are we so emotional? Chemicals in the brain that differ from men's.

There are indeed classes for women, they are just rare. Here at the clinic I work at, there are also anger management for women... go figure. (there ARE women who abuse the husbands, boyfriends, or girlfriends.)

(I keep losing my train of thought because I keep getting interrupted... I'll come back to this later.)

------------------
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -- Friedrich Nietzche

Chess Piece Face
piss-drunk cockmaster
posted 08-20-2001 06:29     Click Here to See the Profile for Chess Piece Face   Click Here to Email Chess Piece Face     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LonMabonJovi:
What makes them take one sentence out of an entire conversation, twist it around out of context into something ugly and make us suffer until we can figure out how the whole thing started and get everyone back on the same page?

It's called "changing the subject" - one part of the three tenets of female arguing. At any point in the argument when the female is blatantly at fault or wrong the following will happen (in order):

1. Shift the blame to the other partner

2. Change the subject

3. Start crying

None of which solve the problem, but all of which prevent the woman from ever having to admit that she's anything less than perfect.

You will never win an argument with your girlfriend/wife/whatever because the moment she loses a fight she will want out of the relationship. The best bet is when an argument starts to storm out and get drunk. By the time you get home she'll have gone through a dozen violent mood swings and will be more manageable.

marcel
posted 08-20-2001 09:01     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A couple of years ago the wife and I were wall papering the front hall. We both had very different wall papering styles that clashed and subsequently escalated into a VERY nasty fight. I never knew she could swear like that!
In the end I declared "FUCK THIS" and left the house for the neighborhood bar where I got pretty drunk. When I got home things were quiet and the wallpapering was finished! This however was not really a solution to the argument, but it seemed that it was an asinine argument to begin with, so why not a asinine solution?

Yea, disagreements between men and women are tough. If anyone has a sure fire solution it would have been published and distributed by now. What works best for me is to TRY to keep my mouth shut until the emotion phase passes, then at least I have a SHOT at being understood. The bottom-line for my wife and I is that most arguments are rooted in perception and expectations.

It should be noted that during the dating days I was much more prone to stop and consider what her perceptions might be. I canít say that I spend much time doing that these days. Sometimes I think that I KNOW her perceptions which is probably way wrong.

-Marcel

LonMabonJovi
posted 08-20-2001 09:20     Click Here to See the Profile for LonMabonJovi   Click Here to Email LonMabonJovi     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amazon- You do realize that all men out there are not the POS that you dated, and deserve not to stand accused of the love crimes he committed? You may very well be scaring off all the good ones (hehe like there are any)

I have been very lucky to meet my old GF from high school, we have been able to talk about things that would have made me shiver with the ex GF. So much for your blanket statement (neener neener)

CPF- I'm not trying to win, just come to an understanding. But I do like the blind ass drunk idea, in fact I am the master of the "see you when I'm good and shitty" defense mechanism, but I am attempting to rise above and save myself from devistating hangovers and legal fees.

zaksquatch
Member with a member
posted 08-20-2001 09:46     Click Here to See the Profile for zaksquatch   Click Here to Email zaksquatch     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Some wiseass drunk once said to me:
"Games are for winners and losers."

And that philosophy has served me well in the relatioships I have been in. You wanna plays games and be competitive, then break out a deck of cards or Trivial Pursuit.

Winning and/or losing and games played to establish said status (stati?) have no place in relatioships. Or at least not in "healthy" relationships. Unless of course, the 2 people invloved are just having fun, and understand that a scoring system is a silly injoke or whatever.

Chess Piece Face
piss-drunk cockmaster
posted 08-20-2001 10:51     Click Here to See the Profile for Chess Piece Face   Click Here to Email Chess Piece Face     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okay, my bad for using the word 'win'. I'll restate what I said thusly:

You will never "reach an agreement" in an argument with your girlfriend/wife/whatever because the moment she "is forced to confront the fact that her way of living is even somewhat flawed" she will want out of the relationship.

Women cannot be changed. Either accept them exactly as they are (and change yourself accordingly) or start looking for a new one.

Amazon

Anal Amazon,
Assaulter of Men
posted 08-20-2001 11:42     Click Here to See the Profile for Amazon   Click Here to Email Amazon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chess Piece Face:
You will never "reach an agreement" in an argument with your girlfriend/wife/whatever because the moment she "is forced to confront the fact that her way of living is even somewhat flawed" she will want out of the relationship.

Women cannot be changed. Either accept them exactly as they are (and change yourself accordingly) or start looking for a new one.

Holy shit... that sums it up in a nutshell. CPF is either a woman, or THE ONLY MAN EVER to figure out the complexities of woman.

BTW, I am not scaring away men (um...), I am just not dating period. Not looking. This will probably mean that I meet the fantabulous guy in one of my classes starting next week, eh? Still, I'd like to wait until I am further in college and have my own car/truck.

------------------
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -- Friedrich Nietzche

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 08-20-2001 15:01     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amazon:
Holy shit... that sums it up in a nutshell. CPF is either a woman, or THE ONLY MAN EVER to figure out the complexities of woman.

Except he forgot to mention "first, find one of the incredibly rare women who won't simply change again once she realizes you're adapting, just to throw you right the fuck off again."

women != stable

InThrees
posted 08-20-2001 18:55     Click Here to See the Profile for InThrees   Click Here to Email InThrees     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Except he forgot to mention "first, find one of the incredibly rare women who won't simply change again once she realizes you're adapting, just to throw you right the fuck off again."

women != stable

Entropy always increases.

FaRaN
posted 08-21-2001 00:36     Click Here to See the Profile for FaRaN   Click Here to Email FaRaN     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm sure Amazon would date me though.

Demon-of-Elru
TFC Bitch
posted 08-21-2001 01:43     Click Here to See the Profile for Demon-of-Elru   Click Here to Email Demon-of-Elru     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amazon - not all men are evul. I'm sure as hell not. Then again... I'm not like normal guys. I actually get emotionally attatched [ which is why I haven't found a girlfriend, I get to attatched to them as friends then don't want to do something that could jepordize that ] I'm sure one day you'll find a guy that you can trust. It's bound to happen.

I hate girls that can't tell me how they feel... That's why Jessica was cool. She told me straight out, "Matt, you scare me." Yes, it fucking crushed me and gave me an I-am-less-than-dirt-and-don't-deserve-happiness mentality.. but it was the truth, so I don't feel hostility towards her.

Oooh women that abuse men... wheeee must be the masochist in me speaking... hehe ]};o)>

fenomas
argument nazi
posted 08-21-2001 03:10     Click Here to See the Profile for fenomas   Click Here to Email fenomas     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Funny, my college roommate got told the same thing.

Except quote =~ /Matt/Chris/tr

Ya know.

LaMFear
Dutch Pen - Cock sucking champ of 1999
posted 08-21-2001 11:09     Click Here to See the Profile for LaMFear   Click Here to Email LaMFear     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My personal nemesis has always been the "do you like my breasts?" conversation.

You can't be honest, because there's BOUND to be some girl somewhere with prettier breasts. Girls know this, so they keep asking the same question until you finally tell the cold hard truth: Yes, I love your breasts and think they're pretty and sexy and fun to play with. But yes, (...insert name here...) has prettier breasts.

And off she goes, leaving me sitting on the bed wondering how I managed to screw it up for the third time.

Oh well.

Amazon

Anal Amazon,
Assaulter of Men
posted 08-21-2001 12:08     Click Here to See the Profile for Amazon   Click Here to Email Amazon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FaRaN:
I'm sure Amazon would date me though.

Maybe, but I have peculiar tastes. You must be 6ft or taller, you must be slightly overweight, you must be hairy (chest, back, legs AND face), you must not mind a woman who's sexually aggressive and open to new ideas.

Still want to date me?

------------------

joshy
Uber PenIs
posted 08-21-2001 12:32     Click Here to See the Profile for joshy   Click Here to Email joshy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
You must be 6ft or taller, you must be slightly overweight, you must be hairy (chest, back, legs AND face), you must not mind a woman who's sexually aggressive and open to new ideas.

{Pausing in the middle of a full-body shave to admire own rippling biceps and pecs in the mirror}

Two ouf of four won't cut it?

------------------

CapnBiggles
clmesdad. stopplease sirmyass is bleeding
posted 08-21-2001 14:04     Click Here to See the Profile for CapnBiggles     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old school, but how could I resist.

zaksquatch
Member with a member
posted 08-21-2001 14:38     Click Here to See the Profile for zaksquatch   Click Here to Email zaksquatch     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
You must be 6ft or taller, you must be slightly overweight, you must be hairy (chest, back, legs AND face), you must not mind a woman who's sexually aggressive and open to new ideas.[/B]

Holy crap! I have never heard myself more aptly described. That is frightening.

Unfortunately, for both of us possibly, I already have a GF and I do not live in Florida.

So much for the PenIs dating service.

Amazon

Anal Amazon,
Assaulter of Men
posted 08-22-2001 05:59     Click Here to See the Profile for Amazon   Click Here to Email Amazon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think I am offended. I have never in my life watched Melrose place.
The rest of it is pretty much apt, only my shoes are steel toed boots and gym shoes. But I like it when those kind of shoes are on sale.

------------------

FaRaN
posted 08-22-2001 10:48     Click Here to See the Profile for FaRaN   Click Here to Email FaRaN     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hmm I actually mostly fit the description you gave me Amazon. How do you feel about a trip to Amsterdam The Netherlands?

Amazon

Anal Amazon,
Assaulter of Men
posted 08-22-2001 11:17     Click Here to See the Profile for Amazon   Click Here to Email Amazon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uh, is it cold there? Remember, I live in Florida where it is now 90 degrees with 100 (million) % heat index.

Ugh!

Demon-of-Elru
TFC Bitch
posted 08-22-2001 12:23     Click Here to See the Profile for Demon-of-Elru   Click Here to Email Demon-of-Elru     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Poor Amazon

Laural
Microsoft's Bitch - Steve Ballmer I love you!!
posted 08-22-2001 15:52     Click Here to See the Profile for Laural   Click Here to Email Laural     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey, someone offers you a trip to Amsterdam, you don't notice the cold, buddy.

Demon-of-Elru
TFC Bitch
posted 08-22-2001 17:33     Click Here to See the Profile for Demon-of-Elru   Click Here to Email Demon-of-Elru     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hahaha :D Dat's da funny!

FaRaN
posted 08-23-2001 08:04     Click Here to See the Profile for FaRaN   Click Here to Email FaRaN     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Right now its stinking bloody hot. We'll get a weekend around 32 C with no wind. So sweaty time. (I dont know how to calculate that to F.)

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Penismightier.com

Look out for the mexican. He knows where you hide your cake.