PenIs Forum
  General Discussion
  I feel ill... (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I feel ill...
InThrees
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 08-27-2001 14:17     Click Here to See the Profile for InThrees   Click Here to Email InThrees     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I should have differentiated there - I wasn't very clear.

Yes, according to federal law, someone who buys, sells, or consumes contraband is, in the eyes of the law, a criminal.

In reality, however, the majority of the time, the acts themselves of buying, selling, or consuming in a responsible manner hurt no one, damage no property, deprive no one of life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.

Therefore, the responsible purchase, sale, or consumption of many contraband substances should not be illegal.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Any action that does not harm person, property, or liberty should not be illegal.

IP: Logged

LonMabonJovi
posted 08-28-2001 02:40     Click Here to See the Profile for LonMabonJovi   Click Here to Email LonMabonJovi     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcel:
When I was busted in California for .25oz of dope in 1980 did I curse the laws? No. I cursed myself for being so f'ing stupid.

Yeah, thank the good Lord they caught you before your cheeched-out blood orgy at the preschool!

marcel
posted 08-28-2001 05:21     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
At the risk of repeating myself (again)

ISSUE:
If one uses any DRUG irresponsibly, do something stupid, get arrested and convicted,
don't bitch about unfair drug laws. It's irrelevant weather or not YOU AGREE with the laws, if you get caught, you go to jail.
If one finds these laws completely unpalatable one should become politically active to CHANGE the laws. The laws are after all conceived OF the people.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo:

3. Making drugs (more) illegal won't stop "drug-related violence" - the violence is something inherent in a black market. The "War on Drugs" actually makes drug trafficking a more violent situation, because it ups the ante on how hardcore a thug you need to be to succeed / to be willing to risk it.

Kindly quote me where I suggest that the law(s) governing drugs should be "more" illegal. Your tripping over yourself trying to get on the soap box. Additionally, I stated that the current drug laws did not make sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Marcel:

"Do I think the current drug laws make sense? No."

There's "black markets" all over the world which operate safe/sane without the inclusion of drugs. When dope in thrown into the fray violence erupts, "people see opportunity for get rich quick, "something for nothing"

quote:

4. Making drugs (more) illegal won't stop people behaving irresponsibly - drugs don't "make" people behave irresponsibly; people who wish to act irresponsible use drugs irresponsibly.

[AGAIN I SAY]
Kindly quote me where I suggest that the law(s) governing drugs should be "more" illegal. Your tripping over yourself trying to get on the soap box. Additionally, I stated that the current drug laws did not make sense.
As for the comment “drugs don't "make" people behave irresponsibly; people who wish to act irresponsible use drugs irresponsibly”; I think we beat that to death in another thread, suffice it to say this is your opinion, not a matter of fact.

quote:

5. Marijuana is vastly safer than either of the two "legal" drugs, alcohol and tobacco. Cocaine's no picnic, but I could easily make a case for it being no worse than either alcohol or tobacco. Same goes for heroin. So why does smoking a joint send you to prison, while drinking a beer makes you a smiling billboard icon?

This is getting a bit SILLY, dontcha think?
You are going to argue which form of dope
is more harmful? to me that's pissing (into) the wind, who cares. Dope is dope.
I can't explain the laws to you, I don't understand them myself. Nor am I DEFENDING them.

quote:

6. The Law Is An Ass.

Law = ass
Law = created by society
society = ass

quote:

7. More than a million Americans were laudanum (opium) users in the early nineteenth century - and didn't hurt a soul in the doing of it. Then we passed a law, and overnight they turned into "dangerous junkies." Wtf?

?

quote:

I could go on, but I think (hope) you get the point. I am NOT a fan of The War On Drugs, no I am not... any half-ass student of history ought to be able to figure out that Prohibition Is A Bad Idea.

What is the war on drugs anyway? Is it still going on? Who’s winning?
Never mind, I don’t really care.

To the druggie in jail:
BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME, DON’T GET CAUGHT.

To the people who dislike the drug laws:
CHANGE THEM, stop whining, it’s annoying.

To the people who dislike the drug laws, and ingest illegal drugs:
Don’t get caught.

TO OUR LEGAL SYSTEM:
Stop f-ing over innocent people. (I would suggest a fix, think that would be a new thread ).

-Marcel

marcel
posted 08-28-2001 05:26     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LonMabonJovi:
Yeah, thank the good Lord they caught you before your cheeched-out blood orgy at the preschool!

I WAS working for the post office then.
Ahhhhh...what COULD have been......

marcel
posted 08-28-2001 05:39     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by InThrees:
In reality, however, the majority of the time, the acts themselves of buying, selling, or consuming in a responsible manner hurt no one, damage no property, deprive no one of life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.

The "REALITY" of liberty and the pursuit of happieness is non-existant from inside a jail cell if you are arrested for of buying, selling, or consuming dope.

quote:

Therefore, the responsible purchase, sale, or consumption of many contraband substances should not be illegal.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
A lot of things in life SHOULD be so.
But alas, they are not.

crosseyeddonkey
PenIs
posted 08-28-2001 07:05     Click Here to See the Profile for crosseyeddonkey   Click Here to Email crosseyeddonkey     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow. I wish I would have been there from the begining of this thread. First off, I'm not even going to go on the soap box and give out a drugs/anti drugs speach. It's not worth it.

My point is on the people who are wrongfully accused. Is Charles Fain guilty? I don't know. Nobody but him and possibly the little girl know for sure.

quote:
don't bitch about unfair ... laws. It's irrelevant weather or not YOU AGREE with the laws, if you get caught, you go to jail.
If one finds these laws completely unpalatable one should become politically active to CHANGE the laws. The laws are after all conceived OF the people.

If you have a problem with the laws or how they work, do something about it. Don't just bitch about it. Take action. How do you think Andrew Johnson got impeached? By the people. We are considered a "democracy" for a reason. Sure the system might be a little f*cked up, sure it might not work all that best *coughs-florida-ballot* but if enough people whined and complained about an issue, now mind you, that'd have to be a hell of a lot of people, but at least things would change. Politicians would have to. Or risk the consequences of a potential coup d'état.

------------------
Originality is a myth.

[This message has been edited by crosseyeddonkey (edited 08-28-2001).]

InThrees
posted 08-28-2001 11:00     Click Here to See the Profile for InThrees   Click Here to Email InThrees     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
(Bla bla bla in response to my last.)

Marcel, I'm sorry, but what the hell did any of what you said have to do with what I posted?

If you're gonna post responses like that, at least... I dunno... respond to what was said.

quote:
The "REALITY" of liberty and the pursuit of happieness is non-existant from inside a jail cell if you are arrested for of buying, selling, or consuming dope.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but what I said was that they shouldn't be in jail in the first place. Most of them, anyway.

quote:
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
A lot of things in life SHOULD be so.
But alas, they are not.

And this one time, at band camp...

marcel
posted 08-28-2001 11:27     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
(Bla bla bla in response to my last.)

THAT explains it.

quote:

I dunno... respond to what was said.

bla..bla?

quote:

but what I said was that they shouldn't be in jail in the first place. Most of them, anyway.

Silly.
Perhaps I disagree?
I contend they reap the reward of their own stupidity.
Understood?

Thank You.

InThrees
posted 08-28-2001 12:45     Click Here to See the Profile for InThrees   Click Here to Email InThrees     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
And I contend that you are missing the real issue here, which is the gradual erosion of the 'freedoms' that we take for granted.

Perhaps some pastime or hobby of yours will be declared illegal, and you'll understand then.

In the meantime, no pot for you, buckle up, put on that helmet, and enjoy your complacency.

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 08-28-2001 19:17     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erosion of liberties is a VERY fucking serious issue, and you yes you were the one who said:

quote:
A crime by definition is a violation of law.
Are all these people ignorant of the fact that were performing a illegal act?

I am in fact pro drug; nobody should tell what to put in my body. BUT, I understand that if I choose to use these drugs I am violating the law and act accordingly.
Sorry, no sympathy for the druggies in jail. The "war on drugs" is not the issue here.

COULD IT POSSIBLY FUCKING BE it's that statement that several people have been addressing?

Wait a minute, let's play that back one more time:

quote:
A crime by definition is a violation of law. Are all these people ignorant of the fact that they were performing an illegal act?

So, Marcel... ever gotten a blowjob? I certainly have - matter of fact, I've even gotten one in Georgia, where it's a felony crime.

So if that BJ landed me in prison, would you have "sympathy" for me? Or would you "take the hard line", saying "he shouldn't have committed a crime if he didn't want to go to jail?"

fenomas
argument nazi
posted 08-28-2001 20:30     Click Here to See the Profile for fenomas   Click Here to Email fenomas     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Could we simplify this a bit?

Everyone: Drug laws are fucked up and we don't agree with them.
Jimbo: Therefore, I am sympathetic to people in jail for drugs. They did something they know shouldn't be illegal.
Marcel: However, I'm not sympathetic to people in jail for drugs. They did something they knew was illegal.

Is there a point of contention beyond this one?

fen

Chess Piece Face
piss-drunk cockmaster
posted 08-28-2001 20:33     Click Here to See the Profile for Chess Piece Face   Click Here to Email Chess Piece Face     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fenomas:
Is there a point of contention beyond this one?

I like drugs.

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 08-28-2001 21:08     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Synopsis:

1. fen cuts to what appears to be the chase
2. CPF manages to cut even FURTHER to his own personal "chase".

marcel
posted 08-29-2001 05:35     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:

So if that BJ landed me in prison, would you have "sympathy" for me? Or would you "take the hard line", saying "he shouldn't have committed a crime if he didn't want to go to jail?"

Here's what I’m saying [again]. There are rules and regulations (laws) in life that govern socially acceptable behavior (as defined by ELECTED reprehensive). Now, these regulations may be completely asinine (as in the case of your Georgia bj) but they are a fact of life.

IF we choose to violate these laws, and get caught, there are consequences (penalties)
which may result in fines or more seriously incarceration. We must consider the consequences of our actions before we act, not after.

Let me state (once again)
that I disagree with a lot of our drug laws.
If for instance I CHOOSE to take a occasional hit of dope. Will I smoke it front a cop? don't think so. when I choose to smoke dope, I'm damn careful about it.
Why am I damn careful? Because I KNOW I can get arrested.

Notice the thinking process here:

1) I know the act of ingesting dope is illegial
2) I CHOOSE to ingest dope knowing that I am violating the law.
3) I proceed to ingest the dope [CAREFULLY]
Because I know I can get busted.

As for your Georgia Bj. Damn near ANYTHING (except fireworks) is illegal in Georgia.
Especially having to do with sex, I think sodomy is 'agin the law there also. When I was stationed in N.C. I had to drive thru Georgia to go to Florida. F-ing Georgia cops with the mirror shades scared the shit out of me, always did the speed limit while driving [directly] thru Georgia.

Yea, I'd have sympathy for someone busted for a bj in Georgia because they probably didn't know their asinine sex laws.
Additionally, I would have to ask wtf they were doing in that bass-akwards state. Your suppose to drive THRU Georgia, don't stop.

"Oh, God! You should have been with me yesterday when I finished my
ham and eggs and knocked back some whiskey and picked up my Weatherby
Mark V .300 Magnum and a ball of black Opium for dessert and went
outside with a fierce kind of joy in my heart because I was Proud to
be an American!"

HST

marcel
posted 08-29-2001 05:55     Click Here to See the Profile for marcel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
And I contend that you are missing the real issue here, which is the gradual erosion of the 'freedoms' that we take for granted.

I don't worry about it, the ACLU is always well funded. They do the grunt work.

quote:

Perhaps some pastime or hobby of yours will be declared illegal, and you'll understand then.

MOST of my past times/hobby ARE illegal. Never bothered me (with the exception of three years in the service). I have learned to work AROUND (bend) the laws with descretion (not get caught).

quote:

In the meantime, no pot for you, buckle up, put on that helmet, and enjoy your complacency.

It REALLY is possible to have our cake and eat it too. One need not beat the bushes, when the path of least resistance is available.

Here's out difference of opinion:

You seem to CARE what the government mandates. I do not care, and will act according to my own wishes.

Chess Piece Face
piss-drunk cockmaster
posted 08-29-2001 07:04     Click Here to See the Profile for Chess Piece Face   Click Here to Email Chess Piece Face     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stupid Link

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 08-29-2001 19:54     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Yea, I'd have sympathy for someone busted for a bj in Georgia because they probably didn't know their asinine sex laws.
Additionally, I would have to ask wtf they were doing in that bass-akwards state. Your suppose to drive THRU Georgia, don't stop.

1. A blowjob IS considered sodomy in Georgia - that's the statute.
2. I was driving through.
3. I didn't stop.
4. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

BaldGhoti
Member with a member
posted 08-30-2001 06:03     Click Here to See the Profile for BaldGhoti   Click Here to Email BaldGhoti     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It's not just Georgia. These states prohibit hetero and homosexual sodomy:
Idaho, Utah, Michigan, Massachusetts, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and my home state, Florida (I broke the law last night, whee!), and Puerto Rico. Also, our military has regulations against it.

Not to mention the five states that prohibit homosexual sodomy: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas.

All 50 states have had, at some time, sodomy laws.

Reference: http://www.geocities.com/privacylaws/

------------------
Reverend Rob

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Penismightier.com

Look out for the mexican. He knows where you hide your cake.