PenIs Forum
  General Discussion
  A well-written perspective

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   A well-written perspective
Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 09-17-2001 21:39     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
As usual, I grok what Mark Driver's got to say.
http://www.blindwino.com/driver.html

IP: Logged

LonMabonJovi
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 09-18-2001 01:55     Click Here to See the Profile for LonMabonJovi   Click Here to Email LonMabonJovi     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by driver:
But I will not tolerate this shit in my neighborhood. They have brought it to me. I will cheer it back upon them a million fold.

Seems to me if the USG had done a better job of being the poster children for isolationists, none of this shit would have happened in the first place.

Also seems he's trying to have his cake and eat it too. He freely admits we have been busy making enemies for our own profit for years, but once those enemies retaliate the gloves are off and anything goes. American style.

He is a good writer, funny and entertaining. Which is a challenge when you are writing about the extermination of a people who are sick to death of being fucked by our policy. People with nothing left to lose.

Policy experts have been warning about this scenario for years, and if this inevitable war doesn't scare the shit out of your complacent American ass now, just wait. War will be waged in your town, against your own family, by people who have nothing to lose and everything to gain. As technology advances, it will be even easier to kill without warning.

The first thing you will surrender will be your freedom. Forget the nameless, faceless internet. Everything you do and say will be logged on gov't servers. You see, it has to be. In order to trace where the latest atrocity was staged from we will need to be able to look at exactly what EVERYONE was doing the whole time. Carnivore has (probably) seen more installs at ISP's this week than ever before. ISP's more than glad to give up all rights to privacy in a push to apprehend the bastards who bombed our cities with our own civilians.

The software business has been suspiciously quiet about it lately (besides the BSA) but they stand to gain a great deal of control over licencing in the near future. Everything will have to be registered and trackable. At whatever price they dictate. Unix/linux will tow the line or be outlawed.

Everyone keeps talking about the level of planning and resources involved in such an attack ... but to be honest, I don't see why you would need more than four nutball pilots, a few extra fanatics for crowd control and a $10.00 486 to log in to an online flight reservation page.

Please, oh please let me be wrong about this. This is not a scenario where 'I told you so' will be any compensation.

------------------
I don't practice what I preach, because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to.

Deadbeat
PenIsite
posted 09-22-2001 20:19     Click Here to See the Profile for Deadbeat     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the type of person I'm preaching to."

Is that a quote from the Church of the Subgenius?

------------------
THERE ARE NO VEGETARIAN GODS

INSTEDNDWELL WRITTEN!
unregistered
posted 09-22-2001 22:33           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOW SO IT IS

yep
unregistered
posted 09-23-2001 01:03           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LonMabonJovi:

He is a good writer, funny and entertaining. Which is a challenge when you are writing about the extermination of a people who are sick to death of being fucked by our policy. People with nothing left to lose.

if they're sick of being fucked by our policy, wait until they get sick of counting the bodies.

it's true, people are going to die; innocent people among them. and that's too damn bad. and i genuinely feel sorry for those people who will suffer because of that. but i've also seen the vids of people walking up and down NY, asking if anyone has seen their husband/dad/wife/mom/daughter/brother/fiancee/friend. and i feel a whole lot more sympathy for those people than i do for an innocent guy who's living in a country whose national policy is to promote terrorism and oppression. *note below*. I really feel bad about those innocent guys who want nothing to do with the destruction of the US and/or the lives lost here recently. They should move. I agree wholeheartedly with the author above, i want blood. i want mothers weeping, children crying and people blown into a thin red mist, just like what happened in NYC. call me vindictive.

-d.

*note. i am aware that the US govt promotes rebellion (and what some might consider terrorism.) i'm not all about jingoism but i'll quote Utah Phillips quoting mark twain for you: "You know you love the country. The people, the land. It's the government you have a problem with. Loyalty to the country, always; loyalty to the government when it deserves it." And i think the military deserves it right now. (although i think the legislation to take away the rights of citizens in the US is fuX0r3d, and should be fought.)

"all in favor of losing their rights, please do nothing." -- stolen from /.

All times are PT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Penismightier.com

Look out for the mexican. He knows where you hide your cake.