work=affiliates&rating=r">

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  PenIs Forum
  General Discussion
  Darth Jar-Jar to Sodomize N'sync for 20 minutes in new movie (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Darth Jar-Jar to Sodomize N'sync for 20 minutes in new movie
PeterWiggin
Resident PenIs MC
posted 01-14-2002 15:55     Click Here to See the Profile for PeterWiggin   Click Here to Email PeterWiggin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
natalie portman is hot.

and i wanna see some fuckin jedi's die.

so ill go see it.

peterbuilt

IP: Logged

lahis
unregistered
posted 01-15-2002 11:42           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Somebody commented on the viceroy having an oriental feel to him.. If memory serves, the director or somebody wanted to make a statement for Tibet or something, and that's why the bad guys all have a chinese accent. I also heard it's not a coincidence that "amidala" is almost an anagram for "dalai lama."

Dave
Almighty lord of relevant links
posted 01-15-2002 15:24     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lahis:
Somebody commented on the viceroy having an oriental feel to him.. If memory serves, the director or somebody wanted to make a statement for Tibet or something, and that's why the bad guys all have a chinese accent. I also heard it's not a coincidence that "amidala" is almost an anagram for "dalai lama."

if that's really the case, whoever is running the fucking movie machine that is the new SW franchise had better wake the fuck up and get their collective heads out of their asses. no one is going to all of a sudden realize "wait! chinese accent on bad guys is an allegorical artistic statement on tibet's plight! CHINA == BAD!! OMG!`!~!!!1!1!!"

if they wanted to make a point of it, there's no reason to be that subtle about it. either put a "dedicated to the struggling tibetan people" credit in a prominent place in the credits or make a point of mentioning it during publicity blitzkreigs.

anargrams in character names and subtle accents in speech are so not the way to protest something.

------------------
"I steal teeth from kittens to make necklaces for Satan."

PeroxideStings
Neophyte Pen
posted 01-15-2002 21:03     Click Here to See the Profile for PeroxideStings   Click Here to Email PeroxideStings     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Related -

and

[/first post]

Dave
posted 01-16-2002 05:56     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Click on the link or do not click on the link. There is no try.

[edited for target="_new" --again, goddammit.]

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 01-16-2002).]

zippy
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 01-16-2002 21:52     Click Here to See the Profile for zippy   Click Here to Email zippy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
i was wondering if i was the only one to notice that episode1 was extremely racist.

i thought the trade fedearation guys were supposed to be japanese, just for the heck of being japanese.

i'm hoping for some wacky ethiopean bad guys in the new movie, where they rape innocent villagers

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 01-16-2002 22:28     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
or possibly some French Canadians

zippy
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 01-16-2002 22:31     Click Here to See the Profile for zippy   Click Here to Email zippy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oh awesome! and as soon as the jedi threaten to hurt them, they can surrender! that'll make a great movie jimbo

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 01-17-2002 06:40     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
No, you're confusing French Canadians with actual French. The correct response should have been "oh great, they'll just spend the whole fucking movie ranting in broken english about how angry and black they are."

Dave
posted 01-17-2002 08:22     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
No, real French would wait until the jedi leave the planet and the dmovie's over and then form a resistance movement against the jedi.

That's my favorite anecdote about the French. They waited until Americans kicked the Nazi's out before forming a Resistance to the Nazi occupation.

The first time I heard that (from an English teacher in HS) I had to ask him to repeat it cos I thought i'd heard him wrong.

ilex
Neophyte Pen
posted 01-20-2002 17:55     Click Here to See the Profile for ilex     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
someone should put George Lucas away, since he has obviously been puffing way to much on a bong.

then Peter Jackson (after he's finished with LOtR) should take the trilogy by timothy zahn
and make movies out of those. that would rock. maybe jeremy irons as grand admiral thrawn, hmm?

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Penismightier.com

Look out for the mexican. He knows where you hide your cake.