PenIs Forum
  General Discussion
  Road Runner Sucks It Down

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Road Runner Sucks It Down
InThrees
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 01-22-2002 13:59     Click Here to See the Profile for InThrees   Click Here to Email InThrees     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fucking tools, it seems that somehow, overnight, my passwords for the main account and my sub account were mysteriously changed. I don't even have this shit for 10 days and I'm ALREADY experiencing problems. I was afraid of this.

IP: Logged

oneitnsloth
Member with a member bigger than the member with a member
posted 01-22-2002 18:01     Click Here to See the Profile for oneitnsloth   Click Here to Email oneitnsloth     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shit. there used to be a really good related stick figure animation...i remember seeing it a few years ago. now i feel...inadequate.

------------------
everyone would be happier if they submitted to weekly government-administered enemas...including me.

xclusive069
drooling cretin
posted 01-22-2002 18:16     Click Here to See the Profile for xclusive069   Click Here to Email xclusive069     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaapow!

eod
TREAT MERIGHT!
posted 01-22-2002 19:58     Click Here to See the Profile for eod   Click Here to Email eod     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I've worked for 2 large ISPs and both where well known for just reseting everyones passwords back to a set default.

The smart kiddies would then notice this and go change peoples passwords around and read other peoples emails.

Basically the companies had the same philosophies that microsoft has.

Microsoft - Fuck it up and put patches out and expect there all people will apply them with no problems.

Nationwide ISPS - Reset the passwords, people will then go change them to a new password.. Right? Won't they?

Jimbo
1 dr3w j00 4 p1ggy!

posted 01-23-2002 22:41     Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo   Click Here to Email Jimbo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pretty odd ISPs, there... I've never seen one larger than a single-T1 small-town wonder that didn't automagically assign random alphanum strings for passwords.

Clme
cake fiend
posted 01-23-2002 22:57     Click Here to See the Profile for Clme   Click Here to Email Clme     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think a certain (now defunct) was well known for resetting the passwords to either the name of the local cable company they were serving, or "password".

All times are PT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Penismightier.com

Look out for the mexican. He knows where you hide your cake.