Anglophile

Over the last few years I've started drinking an absurd amount of tea daily, reading the entire works of Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters and Patrick obrian. I also watch British tv almost exclusively a different really like the great britisg baking show

Okay thanks for reading.

Fuck the monarchy though.

Also auto correct should have auto correct to fuck an awful lot more than it should.

Duck duck duck see what I mean

Comments

• Oh and Conan odoyle's works including the white company which oughta be a TV show or minseries or even anime or SOMETHING by now daaang

• Here's our Christmas tree for the year. Cut it down at Corsi tree farm. Wonderful family tradition.

• There's a polar Express train going around the bottom.

We went to Finland for vacation in April and took an overnight train to visit Santa in rovaniemi. We told them it was the polar Express and now the boys keep making comparisons between the trains.

• HERES WHY I MADE THIS THREAD

PAUL HOLLYWOOD HAS GOTTEN TOO GENEROUS WITH HIS HANDSHAKES, NOW HE IS GIVING THEM OUT ON SHOWSTOPPERS, IT IS BULLSHIT

• Drunk Christmas shitposting is best shitposting.

That said, for British TV you want Only Connect and Cats Does Countdown.

Also: BBC radio mobile app works everywhere. Listen to I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue!

• I just want to say that for some reason I hope Paul Hollywood is a given name. I'm not even going to look it up because I'm afraid of finding out its not.

Thanks to the great british baking show I actually have feelings about ganache and hot weather. :(

Fenomas: Thanks for the radio tip.

• Paul Hollywood is his given name.

Fen, I recommend Peep Show

• The Peter Grant series by Ben Aaronovitch
    The Alex Verus series by Benedict Jacka
    The Laundry Files by Charles Stross
    The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray

• @filious said:
    There's a polar Express train going around the bottom.

We went to Finland for vacation in April and took an overnight train to visit Santa in rovaniemi. We told them it was the polar Express and now the boys keep making comparisons between the trains.

My youngest son is fairly obsessed with the Polar Express (both the movie and the train). He'll watch the movie at any point in the year. He's kinda obsessed with Christmas too. He has is own little Christmas tree in his room.

We have a Lionel, Polar Express around our tree. He doesn't like the baggage car I bought and added to the train. It wasn't in the movie, so he doesn't like it in the train. It's on the coffee table.

• Also...

Tea > Coffee

• Can I get some of whatever fil is having?

• @filious said:
    Fuck the monarchy though.

On an old 8 out of 10 cats episode that I can no longer find, they were chortling over a picture of someone (Gordon Brown?) walking out of Downing Street after being fired, and they had an American guest who said something like, "That seems kind of harsh, shouldn't they treat him more respectfully if he's one of your leaders?" And Jon Richardson responded with something like, "No, that's Americans who treat politicians like royalty. That's why we have a royal family, so we can treat politicians like the hired help they are."

Where do you get British TV?

• Netflix and PBS