Wah - getting dumped sucks

Not posting here for years makes this feel like I'm being all needy and shit ... I guess I probably am.

I divorced my wife of 13 years last fall. Then fell right into another relationship faster than was healthy. Got really deep really fast and then she dumped me about 6 weeks ago. I'm getting through it but man ... that fantasy was so goddamn good and it's hard to let go of what I had planned for my future. Stupid brain doesn't like letting go of shit.

Wah. Wah. I don't know what inspired me to whine to you poor lot ... I'm gonna call it part of my grieving process, I guess.

I think my main motivation isn't so much for attention - I've left the places I used to hang out in where I met her because those places just feel awkward now. I'm having a bit of a struggle for "recreational online activity" - you know like ... I'm missing a community for just random blabbering now or something. There's nowhere to go when I'm bored anymore ... maybe I can rekindle some PenIs love.

I'm really out of practice with getting dumped, lol.

Comments

• I've been beating up twitter pretty good, it's as close as you can get to the good old days with anonymous trolling.

Do you still have the shop, and if so what are ya building?

• Beamer! Welcome back to the darkness.

• AITOOBOTT?

• edited May 2020

@eod said:
    Beamer! Welcome back to the darkness.

• @LonMabonJovi said:
    Do you still have the shop, and if so what are ya building?

I do! I got the house in the divorce and about 3-1/2 years ago I started my own business making branding irons for woodworkers. Little brass bits engraved with clients' logos to burn into wood or leather. I even have one guy who uses them for his touch mark in his glass blowing. Pretty cool stuff.

• Glad to hear from you again, despite the circumstances. Also glad to hear the branding iron business is still going strong.

Activity here is cyclical, but it hasn't ever gotten back to the 'old' days. Although, if you're interested in any nostalgia there is always the export eod provided of the old 'UBB' forum from 2001 to 2002: http://penismightier.com/forum/ubb/Forum1/HTML/

Its weird... The current forum has 2100 registered users, I wonder why so few of them ever say anything. ;-)

• @beamer said:
    I do! I got the house in the divorce and about 3-1/2 years ago I started my own business making branding irons for woodworkers. Little brass bits engraved with clients' logos to burn into wood or leather. I even have one guy who uses them for his touch mark in his glass blowing. Pretty cool stuff.

Post the link to your irons if you have a sales page/site- or DM me.

• @joshy said:

@beamer said:

Post the link to your irons if you have a sales page/site- or DM me.

I have the main site at https://beamerweb.com

I also have just the direct link to my Etsy shop - https://store.beamerweb.com

• Hey nice work! What a neat business. Sorry to hear about the dumping. That sucks. Glad you are keeping busy, that probably helps...