Steaming Ass

Comments

• I don't think they killed him. I think he OD'd and would have OD'd whether or not they held him down. Note well: I don't claim that my considered opinion is fact. It is, however, the way I would bet.

As for legal experts making much better predictions, of course they do, to the extent that they can remain disinterested. At the moment, however, most anyone who has anything to lose is either keeping his mouth shut or toeing the establishment line: "George Floyd was killed by racism."

If George Floyd were a big white guy passing counterfeit and acting erratic and chemically altered, do you honestly think those cops would have acted any differently?

• @Bill said:
    I don't think they killed him. I think he OD'd and would have OD'd whether or not they held him down.

That's lunacy. Both autopsies ruled the death homicide.

most anyone who has anything to lose is either keeping his mouth shut or toeing the establishment line

This is hand-waving. If there are experts who agree with your position, who are they? If there aren't, then either (A) the experts are all lying, or (B) your position is untenable. If you believe (B), change your position. If you believe (A), then rationality-wise you're off the map - once a person is willing to believe that the experts are all lying, there's literally nothing they can't convince themselves of.

If George Floyd were a big white guy passing counterfeit and acting erratic and chemically altered, do you honestly think those cops would have acted any differently?

My dude, I watched that cop kneel on a corpse's neck while a crowd of people filmed him. I have no fucking idea what he would or wouldn't do.

• I guess if he OD'd and stroked out while the cops were attempting to subdue him, and they were unable to resuscitate him, then that's an accident. That's not what happened, though. When the dude lost bowel control and went still those cops should have rolled him over and administered CPR until the ambulance got there.

I still don't understand what I watched.

• edited June 2020

@fenomas said:

@Bill said:
    I don't think they killed him. I think he OD'd and would have OD'd whether or not they held him down.

That's lunacy. Both autopsies ruled the death homicide.

As far as I can see, the first autopsy does not. Have you read it?

most anyone who has anything to lose is either keeping his mouth shut or toeing the establishment line

This is hand-waving. If there are experts who agree with your position, who are they? If there aren't, then either (A) the experts are all lying, or (B) your position is untenable. If you believe (B), change your position. If you believe (A), then rationality-wise you're off the map - once a person is willing to believe that the experts are all lying, there's literally nothing they can't convince themselves of.

I know of no disinterested expert who has said much of anything. That was my point. What idiot would risk his career and even his life at this point? I'm sure that the defense will come up with extravagantly paid experts at the trial or trials, though.

My dude, I watched that cop kneel on a corpse's neck while a crowd of people filmed him. I have no fucking idea what he would or wouldn't do.

I again point out that those cops weren't acting like persons who thought that they were doing something bad. One of the cops on the film even says something like, drugs are bad.

• @LonMabonJovi said:
    I guess if he OD'd and stroked out while the cops were attempting to subdue him, and they were unable to resuscitate him, then that's an accident. That's not what happened, though. When the dude lost bowel control and went still those cops should have rolled him over and administered CPR until the ambulance got there.

I still don't understand what I watched.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that they should have quit restraining Floyd when he lost consciousness. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that if they are convicted of anything beyond a reasonable doubt, it will be something to do with those extra two plus minutes of restraint.

• @filious said:
    yes.

I don't. I think these days, twenty years into the twenty-first century, that racism is decried far more often than racism is actually observed.

• edited June 2020

@Bill said:
    As far as I can see, the first autopsy does not. Have you read it?

Google the words involved. It's not in the PDF you linked but one or two news sites covered it.

Focusing on that isn't the useful bit, though. Again, the important thing is to move up one meta-level and consider how you overlooked such a big argument against your premise, and the obvious answer to that is that you're not familiar enough with the topics involved to know how to form a reliable independent conclusion.

I know of no disinterested expert who has said much of anything.

Nobody is provably "disinterested" a racially charged topic - you can literally look at a person's face and impute reasons why they might favor one side or the other. Nonetheless, both autopsies came from experts, as does much public discourse.

What idiot would risk his career and even his life at this point?

That's a post-hoc justification. You're sure your conclusion is true, so you assume that if experts fail to affirm it they must have self-serving reasons. There is a simpler, conspiracy-free explanation for why experts aren't supporting your conclusion.

I again point out that those cops weren't acting like persons who thought that they were doing something bad.

I don't know why you're repeating this. Everyone agrees - the cops clearly seemed to think there was nothing wrong with their actions. That's kind of what the riots are about.

I think these days, twenty years into the twenty-first century, that racism is decried far more often than racism is actually observed.

:lol:

"I suspect the color green isn't nearly as common as people claim" said the blind guy who only talks to other blind guys and doesn't trust the word of sighted people because they're probably biased.

~~

• @eod please fix the ~~ macro, thanks

• I just want to state for the record that I've read through a few experts analysis of both autopsy reports (as well as an amended 'full' report from the medical examiner). Note: The second autopsy didn't have toxicology results.

The experts stated that he was intoxicated from the fentanyl, and had evidence of recent methamphetamine use. They agreed with the full report conclusion that his drug use contributed to his death, but did not cause it. choking or heart attacks were also not the cause... but asphyxiation, most likely from restricted blood flow to the brain.

Of course, I agree that the drug use is going to be a BIG component in the trial. So is the list of past criminal behavior that Floyd had accumulated prior to 2008, despite the fact he served his time. The logical defense is to somehow prove to a jury or grand jury or whoever that somehow, Floyd deserved to die. He will be made out to be a complete garbage human, and an effort will be made to tarnish and remove any chance for empathy for him. They will at least make an attempt to ban the inclusion of video of the event too, except for security cam footage inside the store.

The police union will spend hundreds of thousands to defend these men. So will national fundraising efforts.

I hope they end up wasting their money.

• edited June 2020

@Bill said:

@filious said:
    yes.

I don't. I think these days, twenty years into the twenty-first century, that racism is decried far more often than racism is actually observed.

charlottesville was only a few years ago. a cop in wlmington NC, not wilmington Ohio, was just fired for saying (on a recording) he cant wait for the race war to start so he can start killing n--rs.

i dont think every cop is corrupt, but i think enough are that the system needs to change pretty drastically.

• edited June 2020

@Bill said:

@filious said:
    yes.

I don't think you're qualified to make this judgment.

Note: I am not either.

• You guys are selling Bill short. I'm sure his claim that racism isn't widespread is backed up by multiple vdare blog posts by white people.

• I had almost forgotten about VDare. Most of those links that used to get shared to me have been replaced by newer sites and OANN clips.

Although it could just be drowned out by the new "all lives matter" deafness.

• that almost tops SET SAIL FOR DICK

• That is real? > @LonMabonJovi said:

that almost tops SET SAIL FOR DICK

Almost...

• Classic.

To clarify, the text in the "Republicans will be hunted" one was verbatim tweets from whatsisface the nutball author.

• "Iraqi Horror Picture Show"

• https://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2017/08/these_are_the_15_worst_things.html

This list is from 2017... I wonder how different the list would be today...

• @Bill said:

@filious said:
    yes.

I'm going to encourage you to have a conversation with an actual black person about this. It is achingly obvious you haven't.

• I see that and I keep thinking bong not rain gauge.

Can you scrape resin from the resin?

• Well, they said I'd be happier if I was in better shape.
    starts stretching exercises

• Say what you will about the Republican superspreader events... but at least we don't have to hear about superdelegates.

Nothing will be done about this happening at the White House of course. Because nothing matters anymore.