Steaming Ass

Comments

• Billboard: "Jesus's only crime was love."

No, if you read the Bible while awake, at the very least he committed assault and battery, and they probably had him for sedition, too.

• "To avoid hurting the skin, please prevent the wrinkles or protrusions while wrapping the elastic bandage. Make sure the elastic bandage on your body stay elegant, beautiful, and do not make self like a mummy."

• I now want to cover myself head-to-toe in bandaids for next Halloween, but I suspect that to be a cost-prohibitive costume.

• "your body stay elegant, beautiful, do not make self like a mummy."

For some reason this is the part my eyes saw first. I really imagined this going in a different direction.

whew

• People find bazaar and idiotic things to spend their time on.

• Oh hey, another link to a white supremacist website!

That can only mean it's time to play "guess how many comments it took before somebody posted something weird about Jews".

The answer this time was: 15. Whoever bet on 15, double your points and update your scorecard.

• Antisemitism in the Shire: A Critical Analysis of Hobbits

• @Bill said:
    Antisemitism in the Shire: A Critical Analysis of Hobbits

"Right Side of History: Why Agreeing With White Supremacists Doesn't Make You A White Supremacist" by Sauron

• edited June 2021
    1. Whereas some of the people on the website are white supremacists, it is not a white supremacist website.
    2. Facts that make you uncomfortable do not transmogrify into falsehoods. They remain facts.
    3. Accepting the truth of facts implies no ideology.

(I stipulate that all facts are actually just models of ultimate reality that have a greater or lesser probability of making successful predictions and are subject to change as new data become available and the models are improved. Nevertheless, failure to use the best models, the facts, leads to suboptimal outcomes.)

• edited June 2021

Bill, hand-waving like "but facts are facts even if you don't like them!" can be said in defense of any premise. Ergo it supports no premise.

As I've explained like three times, if you want to know whether something's true, don't stroke your ego by gathering evidence that's consistent with your premise. Find evidence that's inconsistent with the inverse of the premise. That's what actually has persuasive power, and if you can't find any then your premise probably isn't supportable.

Applying that here, what observable things about you are inconsistent with the premise that you hold white supremacist (by whatever definition) beliefs?

• The thing is... the white supremacists think its a white supremacist website.

Sailer is a bigot, plain and simple. He throws in bones now and then about how Asians are smarter or backhanded compliments of the Ashkenazi, but he is a bigot all the same.

As for the seminars... this program is in response to a call for papers addressing representation and colonialism in Tolkien's work. I'd be surprised if any of this were some 20 year old college students complaining about how Tolkien was a secret bigot. Anyone that would be a member of this society would already be aware that Tolkien would have not been seen as 'woke' in the modern sense. Though, it would be really interesting to hear how he would have been viewed at the time.

That said, his work is positively full of examples where the gender roles are blurred or not conformed to. One 'race' lacks secondary sex characteristics completely. In various other texts it seems like the gender of Elves can be fluid and they can change or renew their bodies now and then (though I could be remembering that wrong... a few of the Tolkien companion pieces put me to sleep when I try to read them).

Anyway, a few of these things could actually be an interesting topic of discussion (and perhaps they've been done already), but apparently iSteve decides that any of that type of thing would be only worthy of mocking.

• edited June 2021

@fenomas said:

[snip]

That can only mean it's time to play "guess how many comments it took before somebody posted something weird about Jews".

The answer this time was: 15. Whoever bet on 15, double your points and update your scorecard.

I suspect this one at number 11 was probably partially joking, but I'm considering it at least partial credit. :-)

• @Clme said:
    Anyway, a few of these things could actually be an interesting topic of discussion

I blame Critical Race Theory.

• @fenomas said:

I blame Critical Race Theory.

Well , obviously CRT is a liberal plot to indoctrinate our children into erasing our history and promoting black supremacy. In fact, they begin that indoctrination all the way back in grade school. The High Schoolers are definitely getting hypnotized and not just learning some extra history. The communist marxist nazis in the Biden administration have been planning this since they worked with the deep state to let Hillary lose the election to make Trump look bad and bring the demorat pedos into Palestinian settlements as part of the homosexual agenda because pride month is not white history month and maybe hitler had some good ideas actually.

Oh wait. None of that is right. Sorry. Was channeling comment sections.

It turns out unless you're in Law School CRT is pretty much adding some extra context to history. Weird.

• edited June 2021

It's impossible to mock these people by acting more crazy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1408061760041492486

• I got pretty drunk last night and while I was sleeping somebody took a shit in my kitchen. No definite proof, but I think it might have been Critical Race Theory.

• Huh. Apparently Trump is still giving speeches every week.

The major networks aren't covering it, of course (especially not the 4th of July one) but that seems to be giving him the freedom to be even more unhinged than normal. Plus the true believers are finding ways to watch it no matter what.

This shit is going to continue until he's either dead or in jail. Of course, I don't see either happening as soon as it should.

• edited July 2021

The total departure from factual information and the complete and utter devotion from his base has made him the biggest cult leader in American history. Can't wait to see what his acolytes do in August, when he's supposed to return to the White House.

• He's making media deals that would keep him occupied through December... apparently they just think he's such a hard worker he'd be able to do both.

• I look at some of the athletic clips on YouTube, and I get the impression that the women athletes some years ago became jealous of all the objectification that the beach volleyball players were getting and decided to get some of their own.

• It's weird how often you post variations of "I suspect that [group] secretly believes [thing] even though none of them says so, or even though they say the opposite".

• @fenomas said:
    It's weird how often you post variations of "I suspect that [group] secretly believes [thing] even though none of them says so, or even though they say the opposite".

In this case, it's supposed to be a humorous (one hopes) observation of persons behaving in ways opposite to that proclaimed by their self-appointed spokesmen.

• edited August 2021

My dude, those women yearning to be objectified isn't a thing you observed, it's a thing you imagined. You're don't make the distinction because your internal dialog is so certain that it knows what's inside other people's heads.

So to you, you're humorously commenting on behavior. To everyone else, you're pointing at girls in leotards and saying "haha I bet they dress like that because deep down they want me to stare at them". Which isn't creepy AT ALL.

• PS: IBTOOJOTT?

• I think that they don't necessarily yearn for objectification.

In some cases the workout clothes are actually dictated by the people running the contests. (See the controversy when some volleyball players wanted to wear shorts instead of thongs when playing last month).

In other cases... well workout clothes of that kind are seen as more acceptable. Sometimes they may even be more comfortable for certain body types. So there is actually less worry about them being objectified than there was say 10 or 20 years ago.

• @fenomas said:
    PS: IBTOOJOTT?

I bet that only one jerks off to this?
    I believe that onanists only judge one tapered tube?

• SIAD! (son I am disappoint)

(it was meant to be "Is Bill The..")