Things Pen solved in bygone days

What was the conclusion re: pies, cakes and cheesecakes?

I don't remember anything else that was solved.

Comments

• I think how that one was solved may have depended on who you asked. :-)

But I will say that Pen changed how I use toilet paper.

Also, over time I shifted on how I felt about gay marriage, trans identities, and the police. Though those may have equally been influenced by a combo of real life and current events.

• @Clme said:
    I think how that one was solved may have depended on who you asked. :-)

I remember pies being superior to all... as it should be.

Some things were only settled, in retrospect, however. Like when K-Rat wanted everyone to mine Bitcoin to support the site... back when Bitcoin was like, $240. Yeah, seems like a better idea now, than it did then.

• @Rufus said:

[snip]
    ...mine Bitcoin...
    [snip]

I didn't have hardware that would have functioned as a miner then. But since many of us had just recently stopped doing things like BOINC/SETI/Folding it didn't seem quite so... sketchy.

Now anything related to cryptocurrency seems like an MLM scam. Because so much of it is. That's without getting into the environmental impacts being far, far worse than anything we ever did with distributed alien searches or cancer research or protein synthesis.

Dave introduced me to this video that I think is quite good. Its long... but it really has to be. I knew about some of the events on there, and some of the issues, but it goes so much deeper than even I thought it could.

• edited April 2022

@Rufus said:

[some blasphemy about pies]

I think we had settled on pake as the ultimate pastry.

• @Rufus said:
    ....had just recently stopped doing things like BOINC/SETI/Folding

Wait, we stopped Folding? I did not get the memo.

• @joshy said:

@Rufus said:
    ....had just recently stopped doing things like BOINC/SETI/Folding

Wait, we stopped Folding? I did not get the memo.

I think I was amongst the last few to stop.

It became something of an annoyance to get the client to work properly (and remain so)... and it started going for stretches, unable to get any work.

• @Clme said:

@Rufus said:

[some blasphemy about pies]

I think we had settled on pake as the ultimate pastry.

Bah! Pastry is just differently shaped pie.

• @Rufus said:

Pie is just differently shaped cake!

• edited April 2022

@Clme said:

@Rufus said:

Pie is just differently shaped cake!

Now you're just talking nonsense... There is nothing "cake"-ish about pie. Cake is just bread with added sugar/flavour. The only purpose for cake is to hold up the icing; which is the only reason to eat cake. You can't just eat icing by itself... I mean... I HAVE, but you shouldn't... [shifty]

• Boston cream pie is cake.
    Cheesecake is pie.

• Oh no I've reignited the entire issue

• @Bill said:
    Cheesecake is pie.

I like cheesecake.... but GOOD cheesecake. There's a lot of bad cheesecake out there.

• @filious said:
    Oh no I've reignited the entire issue

It's clme's fault, for making several false assertions (i.e. Cake > Pie, the issue was in any way settled, etc.).

• If it helps... "Redheads = Trouble" was well established and universally accepted.