Jordon Peterson on "Some More News"

edited August 2022 in The Crapper - NSFW

The "Some More News" YouTube channel recently did a in depth video on Jordan Peterson. Really only worth it if you know who he is or know people that fell into his fandom.

Anyway... About 90 minutes into the three-hour video the host detoured for a bit regarding Peterson's frequent citing of Steve Sailer. In particular, you know, the racist/IQ related bits.

I figured a few people here would have a reaction of some sort to that.

Have a screenshot that I edited because a different website didn't like the fascist windmill symbol.

Comments

• Steve Sailer isn't racist. Some of his commenters are, but Sailer himself merely speaks the truth, often with a sense of humor.

I didn't know Jordan Peterson was even aware of Sailer. It reflects well on his judgement.

• Yeah, technically a person can only be racist if they're from the Raiciste mountains of France, otherwise they're just a sparkling white supremacist.

For Peterson, back when I was in Dave's facebook argument group somebody made me promise to give Peterson a look, and as far as I can tell he's a motivational speaker with no coherent views at all. He made a brief career out of giving speeches where he says "it's important to make good decisions" for two hours, but on issues people disagree about he either doesn't take a position, or he takes one and then immediately contradicts it.

OTOH, the book he wrote before he got famous was wild. It was literal gibberish - the alchemical disintegration of meaning, the femininity of the dragon of chaos, etc - and apparently he spent 15 years writing it. Frankly the dude would be 1000% more interesting if he was famous for that book, instead of for ranting about pronouns and lobsters and whatnot.

• edited August 2022

@Bill said:
    Steve Sailer isn't racist. Some of his commenters are, but Sailer himself merely speaks the truth, often with a sense of humor.

I'd argue that its a larger quantity than just 'some' of his commenters. :) But I bet most of them wouldn't describe themselves as racist either.

But yes, Sailer is a white supremacist. Hell, as I've said in the past: His long association with VDare pretty much confirms that. I'm going to go as far as to say that no one that has ever written articles specifically for distribution on VDare is just a rational humorist. (Now he cross-posts to UNZ and other places, of course, but still has over 13,000 articles listed in the VDare archives).

That said... I don't know if I would go as far as this video did in alluding to him being a Nazi, but his obsession with eugenics is most likely what led to the comparison.

Oh, and his "Jews control the media" jabs are probably not humor. I always forget about those.

I didn't know Jordan Peterson was even aware of Sailer. It reflects well on his judgement.

Jordan Peterson has, in the past, been capable of giving good advice mixed in with nonsense-babble and the occasional fucked-up bible allegory. For example, his 'clean your room' advice is not bad advice on the surface. But as he has gotten more famous he has also gone more and more off the rails. It started as crisis of masculinity stuff that wasn't harmful to anyone except the incel-types that were already open to suggestion. However, he went on to be full-on, unabashedly, alt-right.

Of course he denies being alt-right despite not being ashamed of being alt-right. Then occasionally responds to the accusations with (among other things) suggestions that the people calling him out on his behavior wish to destroy masculinity and indoctrinate an entire generation.

That's not to say he never did any harm when he was limiting himself to self help. Unfortunately his own experience with things like drug addiction, having to leave the country for treatment, and almost dying of Covid didn't actually help him become more empathetic. It just made him focus more on the alt-right nonsense.

• @fenomas said:
    technically a person can only be racist if they're from the Raiciste mountains of France, otherwise they're just a sparkling white supremacist.

• Lets just all agree that he's been dreaming of a White Christmas all his life